TWOMO Elections will be held on October 24, 2022, and nominations for the following areas will remain open until 2:00 pm on Friday, August 19, 2022:
- Area 12: Lac Seul Electoral Area- 1 member
- Area 13: Oxdrift Electoral Area- 1 member
- Area 14: Lake of the Woods North Electoral Area- 1 member
- Area 15: Lake of the Woods South Electoral Area- 1 member
If you are a qualified elector for the TWOMO Election, then you are eligible to be elected to the Board. There are some legislated conditions under which you could be disqualified from being a candidate. If you are interested in being a candidate, please see KDSB’s TWOMO Election Webpage.
A person is eligible to be a DSSAB member representing a territory without municipal organization if they are:
- a Canadian citizen;
- at least 18 years of age;
- a permanent resident of the territory without municipal organization; or
- an owner or tenant of property in the territory without municipal organization; or
- the spouse or partner of an owner or tenant of property in the territory without municipal organization.
For 2022’s TWOMO Election, the KDSB will use a vote-by-mail process. This means that each elector will receive, by mail, a ballot, an inner ballot envelope, a voter qualification declaration, and a prepaid business reply envelope.