POSTING DATE: June 21, 2022
ONE (1) PERMANENT FULL-TIME POSITION
BASED IN SIOUX LOOKOUT, ONTARIO
COMPETITION #EY 22-16
Dedicated to improving lives, the Kenora District Services Board (KDSB) is the integrated service delivery agency providing help and support when you need it. With forward thinking and engaged employees, we deliver Ontario Works, Social Housing, Early Learning and Child Care, and Land Ambulance to current and future clients.
We are currently seeking to hire one (1) permanent full-time Resource Consultant located in Sioux Lookout, Ontario to join our Early Years team. Our employees enjoy a healthy work environment, development opportunities, and an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others.
Reporting to the Inclusion Quality Assurance and Training Coordinator, the Resource Consultant is responsible for providing information, support and consultation services to the families and Early Learning Programs in a collaborative and flexible manner that supports the principles of inclusion and a family-centred approach.
Key responsibilities include:
- Advocate and support families of children with special needs.
- Recognize and support families at risk.
- Administer suitable screening tools and assessments as required.
- Work collaboratively with families and educators to develop an Individual Support Plan that is strength-based and reflects their priorities and choices. Monitor and update as goals are met, and establish new goals.
- Consult and provide support for adaptations to the program to reflect all children’s needs.
- Ensure all files and documentation are maintained in a neat and organized manner.
- Consult and meet with staff on an ongoing basis to ensure the children’s needs are being met.
- Attend and actively participate in staff meetings and community meetings when required.
- Work effectively as an interdisciplinary team member.
- Access community resources and share information with staff.
- Collaborate professionally with community agencies.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field by attending relevant conferences, seminars and workshops, and by individual research.
- Assist with referrals to educational organizations, therapists and community services upon consent of parents.
- Reflect the Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice as set out by the College of Early Childhood Educators as well as program philosophy through coaching, modelling and mentorship to the early learning environment.
- Promote and provide positive, professional representation of the department.
- Maintain regular, consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and adherence to relevant health and safety procedures.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Successful candidates will preferably have:
- Minimum six (6) months to one (1) year relevant experience in early childhood education.
- First Aid, including Infant and Child CPR (or the willingness to obtain)
- Up to date immunization record, including TB skin test (or the willingness to obtain)
Qualifications will include:
- Early Childhood Education diploma and registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- Resource Teacher/Early Interventionist diploma
- A satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check must be provided
- A valid Ontario Class G (or equivalent) license
Along with an excellent benefits package and participation in the OMERS pension plan, the hourly wage for this position is $31.34 in accordance with the collective agreement. Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, by email, referencing the competition number in the subject line of the e-mail to:
Human Resources Department
Kenora District Services Board
THIS POSTING WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
Confidential information provided by applicants will be used for the purpose of this competition only and will be protected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The KDSB will make accommodations available wherever possible to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process. The KDSB is an equal opportunity employer.