Connecting the Kenora District - Round 2
The Kenora District Services Board (KDSB) has received funding from the Federal Government of Canada to offer a round 2 of ‘Connecting the Kenora District’, which provides high-speed internet within the Kenora District to those with limited or inadequate access to reliable, high-quality internet.
The KDSB has partnered with FSET Inc. in Kenora to administer the second round of rebates. Round 2 of ‘Connecting the Kenora District’ will again offer a public rebate program to anyone who has a permanent residence (rent or own) within the Kenora District on Federal Land, rural Townships, Municipalities, and Unincorporated Territories; and who has purchased or pre-ordered a Starlink kit on or after September 1, 2022.
The rebate program will provide Starlink customers with a rebate amount for 75% of the total kit cost, and on federal land, the rebate amount is 90% of the total kit cost, this rebate includes the shipping fee and taxes paid. Please note applicants will only be rebated 75% or 90% of the total kit cost at the time of purchase. Individuals are responsible for the purchase of their Starlink internet kit.
Please be advised of the following:
- Businesses are not eligible to apply
- For recipients to be eligible you must have a permanent residence (rent or own) within the Kenora District and purchased a Starlink kit for this home.
- The Connecting the Kenora District Rebate Program is limited to one (1) Starlink kit rebate per person/household
Starlink rebates are limited to Starlink cell capacity and project funding; those who apply may not necessarily receive a rebate. The deadline to apply for a rebate is November 3, 2023, or until project funding has been fully allocated, whichever comes first. The rebate program will be provided on a first-come-first-served basis.
Those interested in applying must provide:
- Proof of kit purchase on or after September 1, 2022
- Photo of installed Starlink kit
- Location of installed Starlink kit (Google Plus Code or Street Address)
- Speed Test results
View Frequently Asked Questions
If you require further assistance or have additional questions, please call 1-844-441-1017 or email KDSBstarlink@fset.ca.