POSTING DATE: June 21, 2022
ONE (1) PERMANENT FULL-TIME POSITION
BASED IN SIOUX LOOKOUT, ONTARIO
COMPETITION #EY 22-25
Dedicated to improving lives, the Kenora District Services Board (KDSB) is the integrated service delivery agency providing help and support when you need it. With forward thinking and engaged employees, we deliver Ontario Works, Social Housing, Early Learning and Child Care, and Land Ambulance to current and future clients.
We are currently seeking to hire one (1) permanent full-time Cook (35 hours/week) located in Sioux Lookout, Ontario to join our Early Years team. Our employees enjoy a healthy work environment, development opportunities, and an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others.
Reporting to the Early Years Quality Assurance Coordinator, the Cook is responsible for planning and providing meals and snacks to the children in the program that are safe, health and age appropriate.
Key responsibilities include:
- Plan menu two (2) weeks in advance observing the Canada Food Guide. Review the menu with the Early Years Quality Assurance Coordinator upon completion. Ensure planned menus are based on the needs of each individual group.
- Post and maintain menus on an ongoing basis.
- Prepare a morning snack, noon meal, and afternoon snack ensuring that all meals are prepared in accordance with Canada Food Guide
- Maintain awareness of food allergies and ensure that children with food allergies are provided with an appropriate substitute for food they cannot eat.
- Purchase groceries on a weekly basis, including food items required by program staff for program use. Maintain a record of all purchases.
- Set tables for lunch and clear dishes from classrooms after morning snack and lunch meal.
- Assist in the supervision of children during meal and snack time as necessary.
- Maintain a clean eating area; disinfect the tables daily.
- Clean the kitchen on a daily basis, ensuring that the door to the kitchen remains closed during the cleaning process.
- Ensure that kitchen equipment is clean and functioning; report any special requirements to the Early Years Quality Assurance Coordinator.
- Perform laundry and housekeeping duties as required.
- Maintain a clean fridge, stove, deep freeze, kitchen fans, kitchen cupboards and pantry storage area.
- Sanitize toys on a weekly basis.
- Work cooperatively with other department staff.
- Maintain regular, consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and adherence to relevant health and safety procedures.
- Provide relief assistance for duties within the Early Learning Centre as assigned by the supervisor.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Successful candidates will preferably have:
- Minimum three (3) to six (6) months relevant experience in preparing meals for large groups
- First Aid, including Infant and Child CPR (or the willingness to obtain)
- Safe Food Handling certificate
- Up to date immunization record, including TB skin test (or the willingness to obtain)
Qualifications will include:
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- A satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check must be provided
- A valid Ontario Class G (or equivalent) license
Along with an excellent benefits package and participation in the OMERS pension plan, the hourly wage for this position is $27.03 in accordance with the collective agreement. Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, by email, referencing the competition number in the subject line of the e-mail to:
Human Resources Department
Kenora District Services Board
THIS POSTING WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
Confidential information provided by applicants will be used for the purpose of this competition only and will be protected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The KDSB will make accommodations available wherever possible to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process. The KDSB is an equal opportunity employer.