POSTING DATE: March 27, 2023
CHILD & FAMILY CENTRE REGISTERED EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATOR
ONE (1) TEMPORARY FULL-TIME POSITION
RED LAKE, ONTARIO
IMMEDIATE – AUGUST 4, 2023
Competition #EY 23-34
Dedicated to improving lives, the Kenora District Services Board (KDSB) is the integrated service delivery agency providing help and support when you need it. With forward thinking and engaged employees, we deliver Ontario Works, Social Housing, Early Learning and Child Care, and Land Ambulance to current and future clients.
We are currently seeking to hire one (1) Temporary Full-Time (term) Child & Family Centre RECE, located in Red Lake, Ontario to join our Early Years team (some travel to Ear Falls will be required). Our employees enjoy a healthy work environment, development opportunities, and an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others.
Reporting to the Child & Family Centre Quality Assurance and Training Coordinator, the Child & Family Centre RECE is responsible for the planning, implementing and evaluating of day to day delivery of effective, accessible, age appropriate and culturally appropriate programs for children ages 0 – 10, their families and caregivers, while meeting legislated requirements and guidelines.
Key responsibilities include:
- Implements programming based on emergent curriculum and the Ministry of Education’s document “How Does Learning Happen? Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years”.
- Opens/closes EarlyON Centre each day; greets parents/children and staff.
- Determines needs of the EarlyON Centre by selecting and purchasing appropriate toys, books, equipment and materials for a variety of age groups upon approval of Child & Family Centre Quality Assurance and Training Coordinator.
- Inspects toys and equipment; assesses damage; assembles new toys; purchases new toys and equipment; maintains toy inventory and records.
- Provides minor repairs and preventative maintenance such as plasticizing game boards and boxes for longer wear or changing and recharging batteries.
- Washes toys, cleans, dusts and disinfects shelves.
- Selects appropriate magazine subscriptions and compiles a library of parenting articles; prepares monthly newsletters and schedule of activities.
- Prepares and presents workshops on parenting; Plans and presents activities for children; provides community outreach.
- Remains knowledgeable about available grants, applying for those the EarlyON Centre qualifies for.
- Provides a variety of workshops for children and parents based on need or demand; creates evaluation process; plans and implements special events.
- Prepares quarterly activity reports including statistics on number of parents and children utilizing the EarlyON Centre; compiles data on a daily basis with report submissions to the KDSB Early Years email; records various areas, IE referrals, daily visits of parents and children, visits of professionals, workshops, etc.
- Makes recommendations for development of effective policies and procedures for the EarlyON Centre in accordance with ministry guidelines.
- Foster relationships with other community partners, service providers and agencies through Community Planning Tables and daily programming.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Successful candidates will have or be able to provide:
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education.
- Registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators.
- Current First Aid, including Infant/Child CPR, as well as Safe Food Handling certificate.
- Up to date immunization record, including TB skin test.
- Satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Screen.
- Ontario Class G Drivers license preferred.
Along with optional participation in the OMERS pension plan, we offer an hourly wage of $29.54. Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, by email, referencing the competition number in the subject line of the e-mail to the:
Human Resources Department
Kenora District Services Board
THIS POSTING WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Confidential information provided by applicants will be used for the purpose of this competition only and will be protected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
The KDSB will make accommodations available wherever possible to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process. The KDSB is an equal opportunity employer.