POSTING DATE: May 30, 2022
REGISTERED EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATORS OR CHILDCARE WORKERS
BASED IN SIOUX LOOKOUT, ONTARIO
COMPETITION #EY 22-28
Dedicated to improving lives, the Kenora District Services Board (KDSB) is the integrated service delivery agency providing help and support when you need it. With forward thinking and engaged employees, we deliver Ontario Works, Social Housing, Early Learning and Child Care, and Land Ambulance to current and future clients.
We are currently seeking to hire Casual Registered Early Childhood Educators or Childcare Workers located in Sioux Lookout, Ontario to join our Early Years team. Our employees enjoy a healthy work environment, development opportunities, and an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others.
Reporting to the Early Years Quality Assurance Coordinator, the Registered ECE is responsible for planning and implementing a safe and stimulating program for children in accordance with relevant legislation and established procedures, guidelines and schedules.
Key responsibilities include:
- Plan a stimulating program which encompasses self-actualization, development of senses, physical development, language experience, number readiness, creative dramatics, songs, finger plays, social studies and science experiences at levels applicable to the group and individual children, while offering the children a degree of freedom and flexibility within the activities and program.
- Assist in the set up and daily inspection of the playground to facilitate individual needs of children as well as the program needs in a safe environment.
- Accommodate the individual needs of children by helping set up and carry out fine and gross motor activities, creative dramatics, and socio-dramatic play.
- Work in unison with the Resource Consultant to meet individual needs.
- Keep the Early Years Quality Assurance Coordinator apprised of all changes or updates relating to all children, both verbally and through written records.
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of field trips.
- Assist in the preparation, display and use of materials within the facility including art materials, bulletin boards, and projects.
- Provide a safe, happy and healthy environment for children through interactions showing respect, care and affection that meets needs and builds self-concept.
- Supervise all activities and routines in accordance with site policies and procedures.
- In consultation with the Early Years Quality Assurance Coordinator, liaise with parents in matters concerning their children.
- Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and adherence to relevant health and safety procedures.
- Provide relief assistance for duties within the Early Years department as assigned by the Early Years Quality Assurance Coordinator.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Successful candidates will preferably have:
- Minimum six (6) months to one (1) year relevant experience in early childhood education.
- First Aid, including Infant and Child CPR (or the willingness to obtain)
- Up to date immunization record, including TB skin test (or the willingness to obtain)
Qualifications will include:
- Registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators, or completion of Grade 12 diploma (or equivalent)
- A satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check must be provided
- A valid Ontario Class G (or equivalent) license
- Ability to work on PD Days and school holidays
The hourly wage for this position is $27.47 (Childcare Worker) or $30.91 (Registered Early Childhood Educator) in accordance with the collective agreement. Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, by email, referencing the competition number in the subject line of the e-mail, to:
Human Resources Department
Kenora District Services Board
This posting will remain open until filled.
Confidential information provided by applicants will be used for the purpose of this competition only and will be protected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The KDSB will make accommodations available wherever possible to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process. The KDSB is an equal opportunity employer.