The Kenora District Services Board (KDSB) Board of Directors will have a mix of new and returning representatives around its Board of Directors table. The KDSB has held its first Board meeting on January 18 – 19, 2023. Seven of the Board’s thirteen members are new to their KDSB Board appointment.
Following KDSB’s first Board meeting of 2023, membership is as follows:
- Township of Ear Falls – Dan Sutton, Councillor
- Municipality of Red Lake – Fred Mota, Mayor
- Lac Seul Unincorporated – Mark Sobchuk
- Lake of the Woods North Unincorporated – Barry Baltessen
- Township of Sioux Narrows-Nestor Falls – Matt Rydberg, Councillor
- Municipality of Sioux Lookout – Doug Lawrance, Mayor
- City of Dryden – Jack Harrison, Mayor
- Municipality of Machin – Gord Griffiths, Mayor
- Oxdrift Unincorporated – Laurie Huffman
- Township of Ignace – Bill Gascon, Mayor
- City of Kenora – Lisa Moncrief, Councillor
- Lake of the Woods South Unincorporated – Dennis Wallace
- Township of Pickle Lake – James Dalzell, Mayor
The KDSB through the Board of Directors nominated Lake of the Woods Unincorporated representative, Barry Baltessen as KDSB Board Chair and Lac Seul Unincorporated representative, Mark Sobchuk in his role of KDSB Board Vice-Chair.
“The KDSB is very pleased with the continued appointment of Barry Baltessen as Board Chair, through his knowledge and involvement, Barry will continue to provide strong leadership to Board governance,” says Henry Wall, Chief Administrative Officer of the KDSB. He continues, “Mark Sobchuk will be a great support in the Board Vice-Chair role as he brings previous years of experience with our Board and in the Vice-Chair role.”
A draft of KDSB’s 2023 budget was presented to the new Board during its first meeting. KDSB’s final budget will be presented at its February Board meeting for approval on February 16, 2023.