The Kenora District Services Board (KDSB) has released its Strategic Plan for 2022-2026. Over the past eight months, the KDSB Board of Directors and management team, and community stakeholders completed a series of working sessions facilitated by MNP LLP and community stakeholder engagement, to review and refine its current strategic plan for the next five years.
“On behalf of the Board, we are confident that the 2022-2026 KDSB Strategic Plan builds on our previous strategy and provides a clear sense of direction, with a focus on ensuring our employees have the support they need to deliver effective services to help people in the Kenora District improve their everyday lives,” says Barry Baltessen, Board Chair of the KDSB. “This Board wants to ensure that the KDSB continues to be a key player regionally, working intentionally with various partners to create positive change aimed at reducing homelessness and poverty, and increasing opportunities for families and individuals to receive the help they need to improve their lives.”
KDSB – Dedicated to improving everyday lives through early learning and care, housing, paramedic and social services.
In five years, KDSB’s fully resourced, engaged team and enabling infrastructure will support equitable, responsive services adapted to each community’s needs. Recognized as a catalyst for positive change by our communities and partners, KDSB will have contributed to improved community well-being and belonging.
- People First – Prioritizing the safety and well-being of our team, the people we serve, and our communities
- Respect and Compassion – For everyone
- Foster Trust – Be accountable, fair, consistent, and transparent – act with integrity in all we do
- Truth and Reconciliation – Acknowledging past harms, supporting self-determination, building capacity and working together to support positive change
- Operational Excellence – Applying our knowledge, best practices and creative thinking every day
- Ensuring Value – Focusing on results to ensure an effective return on the public investment
Strategies – KDSB has identified five key overarching strategies to fulfill its mission and achieve its vision:
- Integrated Human Services
- Collaboration & Partnerships
- Proactive Government Relations
- Purposeful, Powerful Communications
- Intentional Reconciliation
Goals – KDSB has identified five high level goals for this strategic plan:
- Engaged, Fully Resourced Team
- Responsive, Equitable Access to Services
- Enabling Infrastructure
- Improved Community Well-being and Belonging
- Recognized Catalyst for Positive Change
“KDSB’s 2022-2026 Strategic Plan provides one clear roadmap that will move our organization into the future in a coordinated and efficient manner. I want to thank all parties involved in bringing this new strategic plan to reality, and I look forward to our team achieving the purpose-driven goals in the plan,” says Henry Wall, Chief Administrative Officer of the KDSB.
To view the full 2022-2026 Strategic Plan, please visit www.kdsb.on.ca under ‘Reports and Plans’.