POSTING DATE: OCTOBER 4, 2023
REGISTERED EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATOR IN CHARGE
ONE (1) REGULAR FULL-TIME POSITION
EAR FALLS, ONTARIO
Competition #EY 23-66
Dedicated to improving lives, the Kenora District Services Board (KDSB) is the integrated service delivery agency providing help and support when you need it. With forward thinking and engaged employees, we deliver Ontario Works, Social Housing, Early Learning and Child Care, and Land Ambulance to current and future clients.
We are currently seeking to hire one (1) Regular, Full-Time, Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE) In Charge, located in Ear Falls, Ontario to join our childcare team. Our employees enjoy a healthy work environment, development opportunities, and an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others.
Reporting to the Early Years Quality Assurance Coordinator, the RECE In Charge is responsible for delivering and overseeing daily operations of licensed childcare programs and staff.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring the “How Does Learning Happen” document is being implemented within program spaces
- Ensuring all KDSB, local Health Unit, and Ministry of Education policies and directives are implemented and followed
- Oversee, encourage, coach and mentor staff, and provide advice/guidance as needed
- Complete staff performance evaluations
- Complete licensing visits with the Ministry of Education Program Advisor, and review with the Early Years Quality Assurance Coordinator
- Perform an active role in daily programming including implementing curriculum, maintaining ratios within the program spaces and providing safe and appropriate activities for children
- Assist with reporting serious occurrences in the Child Care Licensing System
- Take charge in emergency situations, such as serious occurrences or lock downs
- Review and ensure weekly attendance records are complete and accurate, and include proper documentation to support those records
- Inform Early Years Quality Assurance Coordinator of communicable diseases, absences, and illnesses
- Ensure culturally appropriate activities are developed and implemented into programming
- Ensure that program meets all legal requirements by monitoring compliance as recommended in the Child Care Licensing Manual, Child and Family Services Act, and other relevant legislation
- Maintain open communication with parents/guardians through daily interactions, and provide orientation to all new families
- Take an active role in regular network and team/staff meetings as required
Successful candidates will have or be able to:
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education
- Registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- Three (3) years’ experience in an early years or childcare program
- Thorough knowledge of the Child Care and Early Years Act
- Comprehensive understanding of a licensed childcare operation
- Effective problem solving skills and sound decision making skills
- Provide a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Check and must possess a valid Ontario Class G driver’s license
Along with an excellent benefit package and participation in the OMERS pension plan, we offer a salary ranging from $68,044.94 – $76,585.19 per annum. Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, by email, referencing the competition number in the subject line of the e-mail to the:
Human Resources Department
Kenora District Services Board
THIS POSTING WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Confidential information provided by applicants will be used for the purpose of this competition only and will be protected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
The KDSB will make accommodations available wherever possible to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process. The KDSB is an equal opportunity employer.