LEAP to Success…Learning, Earning and Parenting (LEAP)
LEAP helps young parents under the ages of 26 get their high school diploma, prepare for employment and enhance their parenting skills.
The LEAP Program encourages young parents to:
- Complete their Grade 12 education
- Learn effective parenting skills
- Find and maintain work
The LEAP Program is for young parents who are:
- 25 years of age or younger
- Receiving Ontario Works or ODSP
- Have less than Grade 12 education.
WHAT IS LEAP?
- If you are a parent under 18 receiving Ontario Works Assistance, you must participate in LEAP. If you are a parent aged 18 – 25 receiving Ontario Works Assistance, you have the opportunity to participate in LEAP.
- Subsidized child care while you are in school
- Money for school supplies, clothes and school trips
- Funding for transportation to and from child care and school
- Access to employment supports and resources
- Parenting and child development information and activities
- A $500.00 incentive upon graduation