How to Apply


To be eligible to apply for Ontario Works:

  • You must be a resident of Ontario
  • Your status in Canada must be verified
  • You must be in immediate financial need Financial Eligibility
  • Asset levels must not exceed prescribed limits Check Levels

Please be sure to check the eligibility section to see if you qualify before to start your application

When you apply, be sure to have the following types of information ready:

Identification (ID)

  • Birth Certificate
  • Social Insurance Number (SIN)
  • Ontario Health Card
  • Immigration document (such as Record of Landing or Permanent Residence Card)


  • Pay stubs
  • Copies of pay cheques
  • Employment Insurance (EI) stubs
  • Information on all earnings including: WSIB, EIB, support payments, Income or Child Tax assessments


  • Updated bank books
  • RRSP documents
  • Life Insurance documents
  • Vehicle ownership papers
  • Property ownership information


  • Current copy of Lease
  • Rent receipts
  • Mortgage papers
  • Landlord information

There are three ways you can apply for Ontario Works.

Online: (Click here) to start your online application.

In Person:

Visit your local office to apply. Here you will complete the Intake Referral Application form and have an appointment scheduled.

Dryden Office

Office open Monday through Friday 8am to 4:30pm, open through Lunch

  • Kenora District Services Board
  • 211 Princess Street Suite 1
  • Dryden, ON P8N-3L5
  • Phone: (807) 223-2100
  • Toll Free: 1-800-461-5766
  • Fax: (807) 223-3397
  • Get Directions

Kenora Office

Office open Monday through Friday 8am to 4:30pm, open through Lunch

  • Kenora District Services Board
  • 120 Matheson Street South
  • Kenora, ON P9N 1T8
  • Phone: (807) 468-KDSB(5372)
  • Toll Free: 1-888-767-2038
  • Fax: (807) 468-2828
  • Get Directions

Sioux Lookout Office

Office open Monday through Friday 8am to 12pm, 1pm to 4:30pm

  • Kenora District Services Board
  • 64 King Street
  • Sioux Lookout, ON P8T 1B1
  • Phone: (807) 737-7117
  • Fax: (807)737-4889
  • Get Directions

By Phone:

If you do not have a local Ontario Works office in your community you can phone the nearest office and an Intake Referral Application form will be sent to you. Once completed you will be contacted and a telephone interview will be scheduled.

If you are homeless, you may apply for Emergency Assistance

If you disagree with the decision made about your eligibility for Ontario Works you have the right to appeal.

Services Overview

The Kenora District Services Board is committed to helping you find employment and is constantly looking for way to help you improve your chances. Here are a few more resources to help you along the way.

Contact Us

Our hours of operation are Mon.-Fri. 8am to 4:30 pm for all general inquiries please fell free to contact us.

Address: 211 Princess Street, Dryden Ontario, P8N 3L5
Telephone: (807) 223-2100
FAX: (807) 223-6500
Others: (807) 468-KDSB(5372)
E-mail: kdsb@kdsb.on.ca